July 13, 2023
Dear LCS Families,
As many of you may know, on July 4th, 2023, Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 33, which brings significant changes to state education funding. As a result, the State EdChoice Expansion scholarship now includes ALL Ohio households with students in grades K-12. Additionally, the scholarship amounts have increased to an estimated $6,165 (from $5,500) for K-8 students and $8,407 (from $7,500) for 9-12 students. This means that EVERY Lebanon Christian School student residing in Ohio is eligible for some portion of this scholarship.
Please submit the information below to Lebanon Christian School as soon as possible:
- Complete the EdChoice application.
- A NEW copy of your student’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Address verification (please provide to LCS one of the following forms below):
- All pages of a utility bill showing a matching billing and service address. The name and address on the bill must match the parent/guardian’s name and address on the EdChoice application. Cell phone bills will NOT be accepted.
- Mortgage statement/lease agreement, along with a form of business mail (e.g. credit card bill, bank statement, storage unit bill). The name and address on the statement must match the parent/guardian’s name and address on the EdChoice application.Lebanon Christian School is required to submit all paperwork received above directly to the state on your behalf.
- Also, as part of the process, you must verify your income with the State of Ohio by submitting a form through the mail or preferably by creating an account on https://ohid.ohio.gov and uploading documentation supporting your household income. Current (2022 or 2023) income must be used. Verification Quick Guide
To help us manage 23-24 tuition, please complete the ‘Intent To Apply’ google form by July 20th – CLICK HERE ***If you currently receive EdChoice, and have already completed your paperwork for the 23-24 school year, there are no further steps you need to take***
We encourage you to apply now! If you have any questions please contact Dana Perkins, LCS EdChoice Administrator, at email@example.com.
Lebanon Christian Schools
Hello Lebanon Christian School Families!
We are so excited to welcome you all to the 23-24 school year! The first day of school is approaching fast, and we wanted to send out some common FAQ’s to help you have a smooth transition.
When is Orientation?
When is the first day of school?
August 16th (1st-11th)
August 21st (Kindergarten)
School Day details:
Warren St. Campus
Doors Open at 7:10 am. (Doors automatically unlock)
School Starts at 7:30 am. (Doors automatically lock)
School ends at 2:15 pm.
Doors Open at 8:25 am
School Starts at 8:50 am
School ends at 3:25pm
Doors automatically unlock at 8:25am. Please either use the carline, or walk your student to the Front Office Doors to their classroom.
The circle by the Church doors are for buses only.
The doors automatically lock at 8:50am. If you arrive after 8:50am, you are required to bring your child to the school office and sign them in.
Students are expected to be in their seats and ready to go or else they will be considered tardy. Please explain to your student that if they need to use the restroom, they need to do it as soon as they get to school to ensure that they are not stuck in the halls at 8:50am.
What are the procedures for morning drop off and afternoon pick up?
- Morning Drop Off: You can drop off your student using the carline (look for the cones on the side of the building), or by walking your student to their When using the carline we will greet students arriving at the main church entrance.
- Afternoon Pick Up: Please pick up your child from their teacher’s Enter the building either by going through the Recess Doors or Front Office Doors.
Are the drinking fountains working this year?
Yes, we require water bottles to be brought to school. There is a water refill station for the children to refill their water throughout the day.
May I come to Chapel with my kids?
Yes!! Chapel is on Wednesday at 8am at Warren St. and 9am at Countryside. Chapel dress is required for students (refer to your Parent/Student Handbook for dress code).
If you plan on joining us for Chapel, there will be a sign in sheet in the lobby of the church. You will be required to sign in as a visitor.
What if my student forgets his/her lunch?
Hot Plate lunches are ordered and paid for 1 month in advance. If your child forgets his/her lunch, we will reach out to you and ask if you or someone else is able to bring lunch for your child. We will provide the student with lunch, in the case no one is able to bring one. A charge of $3.75 will be invoiced to your FACTS account.
Countryside & Warren St. You can send $.75 with your child to:
- Purchase Milk the same day for $.75 (milk does not need to be ordered in advance)
- Purchase ice cream on Friday for $.75
Can I have lunch with my child?
Yes! All you have to do is stop by the office to sign in as a visitor. You will find out what time your child goes to lunch at your student’s orientation.
Where do I enter the building if I am Volunteering/Visiting?
If you are entering the building for any reason (even to drop off an item to your child’s classroom) between 8:50 am and 3:25 pm, you must enter the school main entrance, stop by the office to sign in, and get a visitor badge. Please stop by the office to sign out when you leave the building. We appreciate you helping us to keep our building safe and secure.
I would like to Volunteer, how do I get involved?
We send out various opportunities in our school newsletter and teachers will also communicate their needs.
When volunteering in the classroom, you must stop by the office to sign in and get a visitor badge. Please sign out when you leave the building.
You can also earn Volunteer Hours for attending the Monthly PTF meetings and getting involved with planning events! Email PTF@lebanonchristianschool.org with any questions.
**20 hours of volunteering are required, per family, per year**
If you need to change transportation arrangements for the end of the day, email your teacher and cc, or call the office by:
1:30 Warren St.
We can not guarantee any requests after these times will be honored.
Note: If you email your teacher transportation changes, please be sure to CC the office at firstname.lastname@example.org just in case there is a sub that day.
When do we find out the bus schedule for our child?
As long as you have done the necessary sign up through your local school district, you will be receiving information as seen below:
Lebanon City Schools available to view online August – Click Here for the website.
Your child’s ID number is DOB ( month, date,year), then student initials
Name: John Doe
ID would be: 01022012JD
Little Miami: Information will be received in the mail (513-899-2941)
Lakota: No bus service (call the transportation department for reimbursement)
Kings: No bus service (call the transportation department for reimbursement)
Mason: No bus service
Waynesville: No bus service (call the transportation department for reimbursement)
Springboro: Contact the transportation department (937-748-4462)
Hopefully this helps answer your questions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us 513-932-5590 or email@example.com or stop by and see us!
See you on August 16th!!