Hello LCS Families!
We wanted to provide you with some helpful instructions when ordering lunches for your student/s. **Before sending an email regarding lunch issues, this information should answer any questions you may have, however, if it doesn’t please feel free to contact one of the cafeteria staff.
- The upcoming month’s lunch is ordered the month prior. You will order lunches through your FACTS Family Portal account under Lunch. We will communicate through email the time to order along with the menu for that month. The ordering opens on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and closes on the following Wednesday, giving you a full week to order and make changes. Unfortunately, after the deadline no changes or refunds can be made. **No refunds will be given for lunches ordered on days your child will not be at school**
- Whole month milk and/or ice cream can be ordered on the 1st school day of the month from your FACTS account. That means this upcoming August, these options will be under August 16th (first day of school). Next to the milk and ice cream options you will see “Whole month Milk (15 items)” or “Whole month Ice Cream (4 items)”. These numbers are just letting you know how many your child will receive that month if you choose to pay for that option. When you choose these options please ONLY put 1 for the number of items, NOT “15” or “4”. We want to ensure that you’re not overpaying. If you only want to purchase milk and/or ice cream on certain days, please send your student with .75 cents, and they can purchase it that day.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ORDER AFTER YOU MAKE YOUR LUNCH SELECTION/S. YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR TOTAL AND THE LUNCHES YOU ORDERED WILL SHOW UP BLUE ON THE CALENDAR. If it’s RED, you have not submitted that order yet.
- ** Helpful TIP** Write down the days you purchased lunches for that month.
- If a child forgets a lunch, we will provide them with a lunch, however, it may not be the lunch being served that day, unless we have extras. A charge of $3.75 will be invoiced to your FACTS account for the lunch provided. We always make the child double check their backpack and/or notify a parent before a lunch is given to them.
- If your child has a food allergy, we will have them sit at a designated table that is not contaminated with nut or common allergy food item/s. If the allergy is not severe, parents can provide us with a note or email stating they approve of their student sitting with other students who may have an item that they are allergic to.
- Each Friday we have FUN Friday’s, which are either Papa John’s pizza (cheese only), Chick-fil-A nuggets, or Skyline coneys on occasions. We will no longer be doing substitutions or special requests, such as “cheese on the side or no chili”. Every Friday students can purchase ice cream. We will always have 2-3 options.
**Please be aware** This year we will not be giving refunds for lunches purchased on days your student is not at school. This includes, but is not limited to, sick days and field trips.**
We’re looking forward to having your child at LCS this year, and want to make the lunch room fun and safe for them.
LCS Lunchroom Staff